- How to Power your Community
- Request a free survey
- Contact us
- About us
We keep an eye on the latest relevant funding opportunities to help our customers. Funding opportunties includes grant and loans.
Remember to start planning your project early so you can get the highest possible feed-in tarriff and before announced changes to VAT affecting charities and places of Worship are implimented. We will help you and provide you with a free survey.
Top tips for fundraising:
- Be clear about exactly how much money you need and for what purpose.
- Read the guidelines from the funders carefully, don't try to make your group fit their criteria - if they say they don't fund solar PV - its highly unlikely that on this occasion they just might change their mind! Be careful if you apply for Government or European funding - it may affect your ability to claim the Feed in Tariffs.
- However do be creative - don't just approach funders who are interested in renewables - approach others who may have an interest in other aspects of your work - e.g. buildings, young people, rurality etc. Consider the wider benefits their investment might bring. What will you reinvest your savings in? What edcuational opportunities does the project present?
- Don't overlook the power of community! Community fundraising efforts are hard work, but can be great fun and provide a valuable basis for applications to funders. You can demonstrate community support for the project and the intial funds can act as matched funding to lever in more money.
- Apply to join our Community Sun Campaign and get your supporters to make small donations online - thier donations will soon add up and also attract gift aid - making it worth more with no effort on their part!